23 April 2009

Join the LULZ.

Ironically, it's my temporary writer's block that got me thinking about this.
I just tweeted: "Writer's block II: Sie sind zurück, und diese mal haben sie Machinegewehre" - an Alex Agnew reference (Flemish comedian, he's AWESOME). So I got thinking: hey, why don't I share my lulz with you?

I'll keep to English lulz, because well, not much point in referencing awesome Alex Agnew gags if nobody but my IRL acquaintance actually gets the joke.

So... what made me laugh?

First of all, there's Growing Up Cullen, a hilarious feat of roflmao hilarity jolliness, as created by Livejournal's saint-renegade and oxymoronassoc.
It's a parody of the Twilight saga, based on the premise that Edward was, for almost a century, a 40-year-old mother on a bad day.

In order, I link to you:

1. I like how we turned Edward into a 40-year-old mother on a bad day.
Sado's favourite part:

DON'T STOP ME!! I ALMOST LOST CONTROL!!!!
SHE SMELLED DELICIOUS. LIKE BACON.

2. Yes, I am doing that "emo bullshit", I can feel if I want to!
Sado's favourite part: (trying to convince Rosalie to punish Emmett by sexual abstinence)

DO NOT ALLOW HIM TO TOUCH YOU FOR A WEEK, HE NEEDS TO LEARN A LESSON
NO I DO NOT THINK SPANKINGS ARE APPROPRIATE AT HIS AGE.


3. Stop twirling the pool sticks, they are not toys! You do not grow back eyes, Emmett!
Sado's favourite part: (Emmett talking to Rosalie, making fun of the baby's name: Renesmee)

WE ARE NAMING OUR KID EMMETTALIE IF WE EVER GET ONE. YOU KNOW BUY ONE FROM CHINA LIKE ANGIE, IF YOU WANT, SWEETIE.
BOY OR GIRL, THAT'S IT'S NAME. IT'LL KICK THIS KIDS ASS
THE MIDDLE NAME IS GOING TO BE BASEBALL, THOUGH. DOES THAT WORK FOR YOU, HON?


4. I feel totally validated that Growing Up Cullen is canon thanks to the Midnight Sun leak.
Sado's favourite part: (Edward in South-America, lamenting the loss of his love, Bella)

MY HEART WEEPS WITH DESPAIR
OR IT WOULD
IF I BUT HAD ONE


5. Christmas with the Cullens.
Sado's favourite part: (Alice reading palms and telling everyone what they want to hear)

EMMETT, YOU WILL KICK ASS THIS YEAR
FUCK YEAH, BABE, DID YOU HEAR THAT? I AM GONNA KICK SOME ASS.
EDWARD, YOU WILL FINALLY FINISH THAT NOVEL AND EMMETT WILL BECOME MORE CULTURED


So... what else?

I'm going to stay in the twilight area and say that Cleolinda's excellent chapter-by-chapter summaries + remarks as she read the books make me hoot with laughter, and occasionally, my belly even hurt from laughing too much. Which is a big compliment, not a complaint.
Read them [here].

And now for webcomics.

I am a faithful reader of several comics. In fact, one of the first things I do in the morning is start up my computer, light up a ciggie and get my daily laughter fix.

My favourites: (in no particular order):

Questionable Content

Girls With Slingshots, a comic which contain absolutely no slingshots.

Red String, which is not for lulz, but for the story.

The Perry Bible Fellowship

Wondermark - a Steampunk comic

Menage à 3, which is sexy AND funny.

Pictures For Sad Children, which is very sad and funny.


And that's just some of 'em.

Last but not least, I go read up on Cracked.com almost everyday.
And with that, I must leave you yet again.
We are having some problems with the lease, but it'll be fine tomorrow, or so I hope.

Goodnight and sleep well!

No comments:

Post a Comment