10 May 2009

E's Extraordinarily Eloquent Extravaganza: Hot Fuzz

As I was pondering kittens, and thinking the whole 'Spreading the sunshine' thing through, I asked myself: "What makes me really happy when I'm having a bad day? Maybe I can share it with the world!"
I'm ashamed to admit that it wasn't my boyfriend, friends or any other socially acceptable answer. The first thing that popped into my head was this...

Possibly one of the best movies ever.

So share it I will, even if it kills me! (Which it probably won't, by the way.)

"Nicholas Angel, an extremely dedicated police officer in London's Metropolitan Police Service, performs his duties so well that he is accused of making his colleagues look bad. As a result, his superiors transfer him to the sleepy and seemingly crime-free village of Sandford in rural Gloucestershire."

Reasons it makes me happy:

- An intelligent action-movie parody, which doesn't drift into the area of obvious, stupid and horribly unfunny jokes (yes, I'm looking at you, Scary Movie!)? In this day and age? It's more rare than you think.

- This is the kind of movie you can watch over and over again, and still find new funnies.

- According to the narrator, 'Police Constable Nicholas Angel (...) graduated Canterbury University in 1993 with a double first in Politics and Sociology.' Way to make me root for the protagonist!

- I have a slight crush on Simon Pegg.


I mean, just look at him! He's adorable!

- Awesome, over-the-top movie posters which always make me giggle like a schoolgirl




- Awesome, over-the-top ending, which makes me giggle even more.



- The wonderful conversations.

"Where's the trolley boy?"
"In the freezer."
"Did you say 'cool off?'"
"No I didn't say anything..."
"Shame."
"Well, there was the bit that you missed where I distracted him with the cuddly monkey,
and then I said "play time's over" and I hit him in the head with the peace lily."

Or my favourite:

"You do know there are more guns in the country than there are in the city."
"Everyone and their mums is packin' round here!"
"Like who?"
"Farmers."
"Who else?"
"Farmers' mums."

(keep an eye out for that farmer's mum, she's in there!)

So yes. Run to your nearest DVD-selling-or-renting place, and watch it! Believe me, you won't be sorry ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment